Our Commitment to Cleanliness for Villa Hurmuses:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously at Villa Hurmuses and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff during this epidemic of COVID-19. These includes staff updates on the current situation, CDC and local health recommendations on hygiene and cleaning product specifications.
Note: Based on CDC recommendations, they advise limiting access to our space during the 24 hours immediately after each guest’s stay (please note no same day check in and check out is permitted for 2020 and 2021) to provide ample time to properly clean and disinfect all areas accessible to the guest, due to a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Villa staff – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program and to stay safe and healthy. Here are some ways we’re supporting them and our clients:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests. Avoid all handshakes but instead adopt a Namaste or elbow greeting approach.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our villa use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, recommended by the CDC. We will also have hand sanitizers and face mask available for guest use.
- Different spaces in the villa: Our villa uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean the villa after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. All outdoor and communal area cushion covers will be change after each guest have left. All carpets will be disinfected or remove where possible.
- Preparation of food and daily cleaning: Gloves will be use during preparation of meals and daily cleaning of the villa. All staff to practice social distancing as often and where possible, and only enter the villa as needed for example during preparation for meals and during housekeeping.
- Laundry: We use an outsource professional laundry company for all our laundry (sheets, bath towels and pool towels etc).
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, staff laundry room, staff accommodation etc. Important thing to note, our staff accommodation is on the property and will only leave the property for essentials etc. to minimize exposure to the public. And where possible, we will be using delivery options.
Thank you for your understanding and will do our best to make your stay as comfortable and safe as we can.